Best Bánh Mì in the World
Bánh mì is a Vietnamese sandwich that is made with a baguette, meat, vegetables, and condiments. It is a popular street food in Vietnam and is also becoming increasingly popular around the world.
There are many different places to get bánh mì, but some of the best in the world are located in Vietnam. Here are a few of the most popular and highly-rated bánh mì shops in Vietnam:
- Bánh Mì Phượng in Hội An is one of the most famous bánh mì shops in the world. It was featured on the Anthony Bourdain show and has been praised by many food critics.
- Bánh Mì Huynh Hoa in Saigon is another popular bánh mì shop. It is known for its generous portions of meat and its fresh ingredients.
- Madam Khanh - The Banh Mi Queen in Hội An is another great option for bánh mì. It is known for its delicious bread and its homemade mayonnaise.
If you are looking for the best bánh mì in the world, be sure to check out one of these shops in Vietnam. You won't be disappointed!
Here are some additional tips for finding the best bánh mì:
- Look for a shop that uses fresh ingredients. The bread should be crispy and the meat should be juicy.
- Ask for recommendations from locals. They will be able to tell you where to find the best bánh mì in their area.
- Don't be afraid to try different shops. There are many great bánh mì shops in Vietnam, so you are sure to find one that you love.
Bánh Mì Around the World
While the best bánh mì can be found in Vietnam, there are also many great bánh mì shops around the world. Here are a few of the most popular and highly-rated bánh mì shops outside of Vietnam:
- Saigon Sandwich in San Francisco, California is a popular spot for bánh mì. It is known for its fresh ingredients and its authentic Vietnamese flavors.
- Bánh Mì Saigon in New York City, New York is another great option for bánh mì. It is known for its delicious bread and its generous portions of meat.
- Coda Bakery in Portland, Oregon is a popular spot for bánh mì. It is known for its creative and unique bánh mì sandwiches.
- Rice Paper Scissors in Washington, D.C. is another great option for bánh mì. It is known for its fresh ingredients and its authentic Vietnamese flavors.
- Dong Phuong Bakery in Westminster, California is a popular spot for bánh mì. It is known for its delicious bread and its wide variety of bánh mì sandwiches.
If you are looking for the best bánh mì outside of Vietnam, be sure to check out one of these shops. You won't be disappointed!
What to Look for in a Bánh Mì
When choosing a bánh mì, there are a few things you should look for:
- The bread: The bread should be a baguette that is crispy on the outside and soft on the inside.
- The meat: The meat should be juicy and flavorful. Some popular meats used in bánh mì include pork, chicken, and beef.
- The vegetables: The vegetables should be fresh and crunchy. Some popular vegetables used in bánh mì include carrots, cucumbers, and pickled daikon.
- The condiments: The condiments should be flavorful and complement the other ingredients in the sandwich. Some popular condiments used in bánh mì include mayonnaise, sriracha sauce, and hoisin sauce.
How to Make Bánh Mì at Home
If you want to make bánh mì at home, here is a simple recipe:
- 1 baguette
- 1/4 pound of cooked pork, chicken, or beef
- 1/4 cup of pickled daikon
- 1/4 cup of shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup of chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon of sriracha sauce
- 1 tablespoon of hoisin sauce
- Cut the baguette in half lengthwise.
- Spread the mayonnaise, sriracha sauce, and hoisin sauce on the inside of the baguette.
- Layer the meat, pickled daikon, carrots, and cilantro on the baguette.
- Cut the baguette in half and serve.